Top Posts & Pages
Squeakyfeet was created out of a love for squash and an obsession for writing. Or it could be the other way around....
Join 393 other subscribers
- My first essay in the NYTimes! nytimes.com/2018/05/01/wel… 4 years ago
copyright notice© Tracy J. Gates and Squeakyfeet, 2010-2016. Unauthorized use and/or duplication of this material without express and written permission from this site’s author and owner is strictly prohibited. Excerpts and links may be used, provided that full and clear credit is given to Tracy J. Gates and Squeakyfeet with appropriate and specific direction to the original content.
- Breaking the rules of the Maah Daah Hey: how Not to mountain bike the Badlands
- When a road beckons… A summer of biking and books
- Last Women Standing: A Sobhy & El Sherbini Shoot Out
- Rooting for Sobhy & Wishing Age Didn’t Matter Much
- Another ToC Stunner: Gohar Downs Massaro
- Downton Abbey Blues: How to miss the best squash at ToC
- Big City, Bright Squash Lights – ToC 2016 Begins
- Penguins Know How to Party: An Ode to Howe Cup in Boston
- What Do Greek Olives Taste Like? Revelations in the Peloponnese
- What’s better than the best burger in NYC? Victory at the ToC!
- Who’s Afraid of a Five Game Match?? Not the Women.
- A Night of Frustration, Exhaustion, Surprise, and Predictability
- Nicol and Raneem’s Excellent Adventure Story
- A Night of New York Women…and Squash
- It’s a Good Day in the Badlands . . . if you can keep your bike upright
- The Here and Now: a little skiing/squash zen
- Snow, Beer, Nick Matthew & Amr: An Evening at the ToC
- Louder than Lions – Howe Cup Roars with Women
- A very good, bad day : cycling through the Olympic decision
- Every Night Eat Ice Cream: Charlie Johnson Brings Refreshing Advice to CityView
- Doubles for Mere Mortals: A Weekend at the U.S. Century Championships
- Facing Obama Arms & other Take-aways from the Tournament of Champions
- thinking twice: seven days on $33.29
- This City Smells : eating on $5 a day
- SNAP is not a game
- A Woman at the Fights
- Daily Squash Man
- one small step for lance
- Learning to Fall
- Fathers and Daughters, Mothers and Sons
- I am an Am, Sam I am: Amateur Adventures at the WDSA Turner Cup
- Could a Fashion Model Play Squash? Get Real.
- Get Out While You Can!
- No Slouching for El Sherbini at the Tournament of Champions
- Curly Hair Makes You a Better Squash Player – and other things learned at the ToC
- A Semi for the History Books: Big Upset at Briggs Cup!
- My Irene Triathlon: NYC to NE to the Catskills
- “Immersed in the everyday. Full tilt.”
- Master and Professor
- Flip Flop Squash
- Goodbye Y
- Obsession, Addiction, and reading a book about both
- 2000 miles of water: crossing the Atlantic by catamaran
Tag Archives: WSA
What’s better than the best burger in NYC? Victory at the ToC!
What could be better than a mid-afternoon lunch at one of New York’s oldest bars—the Ear Inn, the Australian Open on the telly, and a cold beer and warm burger in front of you? Not much, trust me. But I … Continue reading
Posted in squash Tagged Alison Waters, Grand Central, Raneem El Welily, Tournament of Champions, WSA 2 Comments
A Night of Frustration, Exhaustion, Surprise, and Predictability
New York in winter. West Village wood smoke in the cold air. A steaming slice of John’s pizza burning your tongue. The white lights of the Chrysler building shining more beautiful than any constellation. It is supposed to be snowing, … Continue reading
Posted in squash Tagged Amanda Sobhy, Nicol David, Raneem El Welily, Tournament of Champions, WSA 5 Comments
Nicol and Raneem’s Excellent Adventure Story
I heard an absolutely amazing story the other day. A friend had told me about it after we had played a few hours of doubles squash and I was wringing out my sweatbands and trying to muster the energy to … Continue reading
Posted in squash Tagged Nicol David, Raneem El Welily, WSA 3 Comments